It’s a very crucial decision to choose which responsive design is best for your upcoming projects. Before deciding it’s important to know the aspects of both the designs. Knowing the right factors to evaluate when considering your options, you can proceed forward with your project with conviction.
There are two dominant responsive approaches for overtaking an internet-based project. These two strategies are desktop-based (responsive website) and mobile-first. But prior to that, you need to analyze your audience. Where are they coming from, are they using wifi-connection or mobile-data connection? Once you have answers to all such types of questions, then you can move forward with an informed decision.
The Two Approaches
Let’s see what to choose and how the wrong decision may result in a huge disaster.
- Mobile-First Design
Mobile-first design is proactive access to web designs. It means, the website is designed especially for mobile users, whether it be an android or apple. But that doesn’t mean it will only work on mobile phones. The layouts are based on excellent mobile features, such as good user experience, rich content, fast downloading speed, and many more. It’s like developing an app and then conforming to the layout that it can be viewed easily on tablet and desktop devices without too many changes.
- It helps visitors focus on core content.
- It uses device in-built features
- Increase reach and expand visibility
- User-friendly navigation
- Larger font size.
- Geometrical design
- One-column layout.
When Mobile-first is perfectly suitable?
- When the design of a web page is so simple and minimalistic.
- When the sales are higher by mobile devices as compared to desktop.
- Type of product: Entertainment, news, networking, lifestyle, or more such categories.
- User Experience: optimized mobile; modest desktop.
- Google ranking: Mobile-first means that Google will study the mobile version design first to rank it before the desktop version. By using the mobile-first design approach, web designers at a Web development company in Delhi can greatly increase the possibilities of a website ranking top on Google.
- More engagement and conversion: By following the mobile-first design approach a company can greatly boost its conversion and engagement rate. As the quantity of people accessing the internet via mobile phones rises and trust begins to build towards mobile websites the number of engagement made is also expected to grow.
2.Responsive Website design
Responsive web design is a design approach that enables a website to fit the screens of various devices automatically. Designing for full-sized screens indicates developing for the most chief specs to present and deliver as much as possible. In this design model, it’s not the mobile but the desktop experience that is supposed to be accurate and productive. This design approach then has to cut characteristics or content in order to create the website fit with a mobile browser.
Responsive web design is a well-established method used by most web designers at a Web development company in Delhi, and it ultimately creates a better user experience by reducing users’ operations such as panning, scrolling, and zooming
- No redirects
- Ample of White space
- Accumulated sharing
- The idea for rich websites
- Flexible pictures
- Offline browsing
- SEO feature
When Responsive- website design is perfectly suitable?
- Type of product: When your product is designed for use on a desktop or business-related service.
- User Experience: You need an extremely processed desktop and manageable mobile option.
- When your desktop hits are more than 70% of hits from desktop are at 50%.
- When sales are more on the desktop.
- It serves with a steady user experience: Someone who is hitting your web page for the very first time from any device wants to quickly browse. Hence, responsive design is about giving a steady user experience.
- Improves your SEO: Website is becoming more and more important for SEO. Due to a few characteristics of responsive design, it makes it easy for Google to index your web page. Secondly, it is more comfortable for visitors to share content that is positioned on one URL. Hence a good SEO will apparently bring more traffic to your page.
Mobile first Vs Responsive website?
Use the 80-20% rule to decide. After analyzing all the above mention parameters if 80% of your target viewers use desktop than go for responsive design; if 80% are on a mobile phone so choose mobile-first. But what if the users are split 50-50? With the help of google analytics, you need to see where is your traffic coming from and where your business will be in the coming few years. Maybe you should build two separate sites adapted particularly for both desktop and mobile users. If you are unsure you may have to perform a few experiments.
If still, you doubt what to choose, Crazarts a web development company in Delhi is right here just for you to serve you more clarity and guide you on the correct pathway.