Home » Life » Checklist for Wedding Planning

Checklist for Wedding Planning


The common assumption is that when a man and woman swear to spend the rest of their lives together, they are professing their love and dedication to one another. However, the fact is that the couple is committing to months of nerve-racking planning and credit. Weddings have become such expensive and flashy shows of class and materialism that there is no longer any yearning for true romance and intimacy. Today’s wedding industry depends on con artists who make millions by preying on desperate couples’ needs for a special day. If you are planning a wedding in the near future, here is a wedding planning checklist.


It is time to get your calculator out and crush some fewer fun numbers. Before you do anything else, you need to figure out who is paying for what and what your wedding’s budget is. After that, you will want to break down the budget— What is the most important thing to you?

And begin allocating funds in that manner. And, because these statistics will vary as you plan, it is a good idea to develop a precise spreadsheet right away. This will make it easier to keep track of your expenditure and make changes as needed.

List of Guests

Isn’t it true that you wish you could invite anyone? You are probably not going to be able to, which is why you should limit the number of invitations you send out. Consider your budget as well as your venue when determining your headcount. If you and your other half are paying for the event, imagine you will receive 70% of the invites, with the remaining 30% shared between both sets of parents.

Image Source: Unsplash

Wedding Dresses

When looking for your ideal wedding gown, you want something that is figure-flattering and highlights all of your greatest features. There is a dress style out there for everyone, whether you have an hourglass or oval body shape. For your wedding dress needs, check out wedding dresses Melbourne has bridal stores you can visit on your rest day.

Wedding Planner

This, too, will be determined by your budget. However, if your budget allows it, now is the moment to enlist the help of your big day’s planner. This individual will be your right-hand person and will assist you with all decisions, from venue selection to logistics management, and everything in between.

Theme and Venue

Sit down with your partner and have another heart-to-heart talk over lunch or dinner date. In the end, the tone of your wedding should be decided jointly by the two honorable guests. After you have made the decision on what your wedding theme will be, it is time to know where it will be held. One of the most crucial considerations you will make right now is the venue. Seriously, the venue has an impact on virtually everything, from the number of guests you invite to the food you will serve to them.

There are a few additional details to consider when you plan your wedding. Of course, do not forget about the food and drink.  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *