In today’s day and age, motor vehicles are one of the most important mode for travelling for the youth. Road transport becoming one of the most easy and convenient mode of travel, that’s why, many people are choosing a motor vehicle which will help them reach their destination. But for driving freely on Indian roads, firstly you need to own a valid driving licence (DL).
According to The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 makes it mandatory for all the citizens to have a valid driving licence for driving freely on Indian roads. So without a valid driving licence (DL) driving on Indian roads is illegal. So the first step towards getting a driving licence in India is to procure a learning licence (LL).
A learner’s licence is issued by the regional transport office (RTO) which acts as a provisional and restricted driving licence. You can apply on Sarathi Parivahan Sewa for learning licence. One must be aware of all the traffic rules and regulations and must pass the written test for getting a learner’s licence.
Also Check Out:
- Credit Cards Could Be the Next Big Opportunity in B2B Payments
- Helen Lee Schifter Drinking Alcohol Effects our Brain Wellness
- How To Make The Perfect Decisions Of Selecting The Right Portfolio Management Firms?
- PAN card
- Birth certifiacate
- Marksheet of 10th class
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- LIC Policy Bond
- Application fees
- At least 6 passport size photograph
- Completely filled form
HOW TO APPLY FOR A LEARNER’S LICENCE?
A learner’s licence can be obtained via two ways in India, that is, online and offline. It’s upto you which one you will choose depending upon your budget, requirement and which will save your time.
- HOW TO APPLY ONLINE FOR LEARNING LICENCE?
Nowadays technology has improved a lot, so you can apply online for learning licence in official websites. You can apply on Sarathi Parivahan Sewa’s official website which will definitely help you to obtain the learning licence. Sarathi Parivahan Sewa give you a option of E-Payment.
Here are the process for online application: Look up your state transport website online to check the online learner’s licence application facility. If the website allow you, then here’s the process you have to follow: You will have to fill up basic details such as your name, your father’s name, district, postal code, Aadhar card number, etc. You will have to submit scanned copies of your age and address proofs. Few state transport websites allows you to choose the time slot for your licence test. If you are able to make your test online, then you will have to make payment online and you will receive your receipt in your mailbox. Reach RTO office on time to take the learner’s licence test on time and avoid any delay.
- HOW TO APPLY OFFLINE FOR LEARNING LICENCE?
If your state transport department does not allow you or you are not sure about online application, then you can apply offline at your nearest RTO office.
Here are the steps for applying offline:
- Fill the application form and attach the photograph where needed. Attach your age and address proofs.
- Visit nearest RTO office and submit application form
- Ask RTO officers to arrange the licence test at particular date and time
- On passing the test, the licence will be sent on your permanent address
IMPORTANCE OF LEARNING LICENCE
- You can legally drive on Indian roads
- To get a permanent driving licence, one must procure learner’s licence
- The learner licence helps you to improve your driving skills