Canada is one of the top countries for immigration, especially for Indians. Moving to Canada is an exciting opportunity; but it comes with a lot of confusion at the same time. So, whether you want to migrate to Canada temporarily or permanently, you need to be aware of certain programs, fees, terms, etc., for a stress-free migration process.
In this article, we will cover the top seven questions people ask about migrating to Canada.
So, let’s get started.
1. How can you migrate to Canada?
There are several ways to migrate to Canada. We’ll divide Canadian immigration into two categories: Permanent and Temporary. If you’re looking to relocate to Canada temporarily, it’s possible through work, study, or visit.
However, in the case of permanent migration, you have to apply through a particular worker program, family class sponsorship, or humanitarian/compassionate grounds. Other programs include – Express Entry Program, LMIA Work Visa, The Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP), etc.
2. What is Express Entry in Canada?
Express Entry is an online immigration system that provides a permanent residence for skilled workers in Canada. In other words, it is a system used to manage skilled workers applications for permanent residence in Canada. It is not a program but a system that manages three major immigration programs, namely:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canada Experience Class
Each of the above programs comes with a set of eligibility criteria that you must fulfil to qualify for the Express Entry System. The process requires candidates to submit a self-assessed profile online to the Express Entry Pool. This application is then scored through the Comprehensive Ranking System.
3. How much time does it take to migrate to Canada?
The exact time is difficult to predict as they differ based on the type of application you submitted and the number of applications being processed by Canadian Immigration at a particular time. However, to give you an estimate, the time can vary anywhere between 6-12 months. In some cases, it can be more or less. You can hire the services of Canada Immigration Chennai to submit a correctly filled application and even fasten the process at an additional fee.
4. Do I get Permanent Residence through Express Entry?
Yes, you can get Permanent Residence through Express Entry if your profile is selected from the Express Entry Pool and you’ve received the invitation to apply for the same. This invitation is valid for 90 days only. So, you should start filling out the application and gather all the necessary documents before the invitation expires.
Being a permanent resident in Canada comes with many advantages, such as free healthcare facilities, public schooling for your children, and more. And the best thing about getting Permanent Residence through Express Entry System is that you can apply for Canadian citizenship only after three years of living and working in Canada.
5. How much money do you need to migrate to Canada?
The cost of immigrating to Canada depends on numerous factors. The cost will depend on the type of immigration you want to apply for and the number of people migrating to Canada. Furthermore, you will have to prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family members in Canada. If you hire an immigration consultant, it will result in additional fees, which will differ according to your current location. For example, if you hire the services of Canada immigration in Chennai, its charges will vary from the immigration service providers in other parts of the country.
6. How can I apply for PR in Canada?
There are different ways to apply for Permanent Residence (PR) in Canada. Some of these are:
- Family Class Sponsorship – Under this program, the adult permanent residents or citizens of Canada can sponsor a family member to migrate to Canada. This person can be a spouse, dependent child, common-law, or conjugal partner.
- Express Entry System – This system is specifically for skilled works who want to live and work in Canada as permanent residents.
- Bridging Work Permit – If you are working in Canada on a work permit, this permit will extend your stay in Canada so that you can apply for PR without having to leave the country.
- Humanitarian and Compassionate Application – This is for people who are generally not eligible to apply for PR in Canada. Instead, they can apply on humanitarian and compassionate grounds, which is mainly for immigrants with special cases. Such people are assessed based on various factors, such as how settled the person is in Canada, the best interest of the child or children involved, general family ties to Canada, etc.
7. Should I use an immigration consultant?
Applying for the Canadian Immigration Program can be complicated. Thus, it is advisable to use the services of Canada immigration in Chennai to ease the whole process and leave no room for errors. The immigration agents are experts in their job and know the ins and outs of migrating to Canada. However, before choosing an immigration agency, make sure it has accredited RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants) to speed up your migration process.
This brings us to the end of this blog!
We hope the above seven questions and their detailed answers help you clear all the doubts you may have about Canada Immigration. So, what are you waiting for? Search for a qualified and reputable Canada immigration service in Chennai and get ready to move to Canada.