Device drivers play a very important part in connecting all the hardware components to your Windows PC. In other words, the drivers enable the hardware components to communicate with the computer and execute their functions. Devices like mouse, keyboard, etc. require drivers to connect with your PC. If such drivers become outdated or corrupted, then the overall performance of your PC will get hampered. Therefore, it is very important that the device drivers are timely updated to their latest versions. But why every driver issue calls for updating driver solution? Ever wondered about it?
Well, an outdated device driver not just hampers the performance of your system. But along with affecting your system performance, it results into various other problems also. For example,
- There may be freezing and crashing of applications.
- There may be a negative impact on the stability and performance of the system.
- There may arise software incompatibility and conflict issues.
- Issues like potential securities may be a problem for the users.
- There may also arise any hardware failure issue.
- You may not be able to access the newer features due to outdated drivers in your system.
Thus, timely updating your outdated drivers is the common solution to all their problems. But updating device drivers is just one solution. You need to take other steps also to get rid of the device driver issues. What are the issues and their fixes? Let’s check them out through this article.
List of Recommended Ways to Solve Outdated Drivers Issue
In this article, you can check out the various ways to fix outdated driver issue. Thus, read the whole article very carefully.
1. Device isn’t working at all now
Windows users face this issue most of the time. Suddenly one of the hardware devices stops working like a mouse or a keyboard, etc. In such a situation, they can follow the given steps:
- When your hardware device stops working, you must first check if the drivers are updated or not. If not, then update your drivers to the latest version. To fix outdated drivers, go to the Windows update option. You will see the View Available Updates option. Now you can check if any update is available or not.
- If no such driver update is available, you should choose to reinstall the device software.
2. Printer Driver Problem:
The printer driver problem is a very common issue among the printer users. There are a variety of printers available for users in the market. But the driver problems are common for every printer. There can be so many causes of printer driver issues. Like, incompatibility, outdated drivers, corrupted or damaged drivers, etc
The common solution to this problem is to update the outdated drivers to their latest versions. Or otherwise, you can visit an expert or a printer service repair centre.
3. Audio Driver Problem
You may have faced various audio driver issues. Like, MIDI output issue, audio hardware fails to play files just like the current files, etc.
You can check out the ways to solve your audio driver problem in Windows 10 PC.
To Reinstall Audio device driver: Here are some steps to follow-
- Go to the Device Manager in the Search option. Press Enter button.
- To expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers, click on the arrow provided.
- Right-click on the Sound card or Audio device listing option. Select the Uninstall devices button. Select the option, Delete the device driver for this device checkbox. Press the Uninstall option.
- Now, you can Restart your system.
- Your audio device will be automatically reinstalled as soon as the PC restarts.
You can also update your audio device driver. For that you need to install the best driver update software free or paid version, whichever is available in the market.
4. Windows 10 Upgrade Driver Problem : Error 0x800F092
Error 0x800F092 is also one of the common errors that users of Windows 10 face. This error most likely occurs while updating or installing Windows 10. There are various ways to remove this error. For example, Run Windows update troubleshooter, check your device compatibility, update device driver, uninstall SPTD driver to troubleshoot this error, disable your antivirus, clear the hard disk space, download Windows 10 update manually, reset the Windows update components, etc.
5. Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error in Windows 10
Many times, system drivers provide wrong memory addresses to the computer. Or when network drivers are broken or full of errors, Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error arises.
Various ways help in solving this error.
- Uninstall and install the network drivers
- Update the drivers
- Use the Command Prompt
- Use your system for virus
- Fix hardware issues
- Perform a system restore
You can select any of the above ways to remove the Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error in Windows 10.
6. Driver WudfRd is unable to load with Event ID 219
This is again a very common error that is faced by so many users. This error occurs while you update Windows 10. Along with the Windows 10, the drivers are also updated. They are thus affected by microsoft. It causes incompatibility among the drivers. This leads to various driver issues.
You can solve the issue by updating your Windows system, enable Windows driver foundation service, disable hard disk hibernation, update the outdated drivers, reinstall USB controllers, etc.
Thus, you can fix the Driver WudfRd is unable to load with Event ID 219 issue by selecting any one of the ways.
7. Dell Broadcom USH driver problem
Most of the users often face this issue of Dell Broadcom USH driver problem. The Broadcom USH is also referred to as Unified Security Hub. Just after the ‘Broadcom USH’, you will see a yellow mark that indicates that there is somedriver issue. There are various ways through which this issue can be easily solved.
- Download and install the required drivers from the Dell.
- Download USH Broadcom driver.
- You can also update the drivers automatically.
The above mentioned ways will surely help you out in removing the Dell Broadcom USH driver problem.
8. USB driver problem
USB driver problem is one of the very common issues among all the Windows users. Some examples of common USB driver errors are given below:
- You may face the USB device not recognized error.
- When there is no USB driver installed.
- Error like Windows is unable to initialize the device driver for the hardware.
- Errors like the configuration information is not complete or it is damaged. This creates a problem of Windows being unable to start the hardware device.
- USB driver not working error.
You can solve the USB driver problem by adopting any of the given solutions :
- You can update the USB driver.
- You can scan to identify any hardware changes.
- You can also try to uninstall and re-install the driver.
- Resetting BIOS is also recommended.
- You should check your PC or the laptop settings for once.
9. NVIDIA Driver problem
Like all other driver issues, NVIDIA driver problem is not something new to discuss about. When you update Windows 10 to its latest version, or you have any outdated driver in your Windows 10 PC, etc. This leads to various NVIIDIA driver issues.
If you are finding a solution to this problem, you can check out various ways to deal with it.
- You should stop updating the driver automatically. You can switch back to the previous version of the NVIDIA drivers.
- You can also remove the NVIDIA processes and delete all the files.
- You can also choose to update NVIDIA graphics driver in Windows 10 through the Device Manager.
Hope that you get the solution to the driver problem by following any one of the ways above.
10. AMD driver crashing Windows 10
Updating AMD GPU drivers to the version 15.7.1 leads to the AMD driver problems. Users may encounter problems like, AMD driver freezes Windows 10, issues like AMD driver crash black screen during the Windows computer booting process, crashes during the installation, crashes while playing games, etc.
To resolve this driver problem, you can take help of the given solutions below:
- You can switch back to the older version of the AMD GPU drivers.
- Go to reinstall the AMD drivers in your Windows 10 PC.
- You can also disable the extensions that are causing problems and restart your browser.
- You can check for the Lucid Virty MVP Program. Uninstall the program from your computer.
- Check if your graphics card is clean of dust or not? If not, then open your computer and take the graphics card out. Remove the dust from its fans.
- It is recommended that if, the above solutions does not work out, then make sure that the drivers are not automatically updated in Windows 10. Disable the automatic update option from your Windows 10 PC.
One or the other ways will definitely work well to solve your driver issue.
Listed above were the common issues and the most recommended ways to fix the outdated driver issues. Hope that you find this article useful. You may face various driver issues, but will surely find the solution to those problems after reading this article.