Whenever you buy your new router from Spectrum, change the default WiFi Network and password as your first priority. If you do this, it will be easy for you to remember your password, as you will set it. Plus, it will become difficult for hackers to hack your network and steal your confidential information, like your bank details. Now, here we have provided all the information you require to change your Spectrum Router’s WiFi name and password through the router’s web interface, My spectrum app, or using your online account.
Steps to change Spectrum WiFi Name and Password
The First thing to do to change the Spectrum Router’s WiFi name and password is to open a web browser on your device.
Then put the IP address of your device in the search bar of the web browser.
After that, you need to sign in and choose the band that you have decided to change.
Then lastly, enter your new network name and password in the Basic tab, and then select Apply.
- To get your router’s IP address, you need to check the back panel of your spectrum router. The router IP address is usually located in the Router login column.
And the standard IP address is 192.168.1.1. However, it could vary according to your setup. And in case you want to find more about the router’s IP address, you could check our step-by-step guide by using the following link: https://www.hellotech.com/guide/for/how-do-i-find-my-router-ip-address.
Note: It would be easy for you to note down the Router Login, username, and password, as you will need these later.
- Now, open a web browser. It could be Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or any other web browser of your choice.
- Then enter the router’s IP address or the Router login in the search bar of the browser.
- Then, click on the Enter button on your Keyboard.
Here, you could see a warning message saying Your connection is not private; click on the Advanced button and then press proceed to.
- Now, you will see the Spectrum login page. Enter your Spectrum Router username and password, and then select the Login button. The information regarding your login details is also present on your router.
However, if you are unable to find the login details on your router, you could use the following link for help: https://www.hellotech.com/guide/for/how-to-log-into-router-find-password
Please keep in mind that the Spectrum Router’s Username ad password is not the same as your WiFi username and password. For the majority of spectrum routers, the default username is admin, and the default password is also admin.
- Now press the Advanced button, appearing on the top of your window. And if the Advanced button does not appear, you could skip this step.
Now you have to select between the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz panels. And in case you are using a dual-band router, you are allowed to select between two different bands. Each of these bands will have its individual WiFi network name and password.
To know more difference between the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, you could use the following link: https://www.hellotech.com/blog/what-is-a-dual-band-router-difference-between-2-4ghz-and-5ghz-wifi
Now again, tap on the Basic tab.
- Then, type in your new network name in the given SSID field. SSID stands for Service Set Identifier, and it is just an alternate term for the network name. Please select the name that you could easily remember. But you should not use your personal information like your name or address. It is so because the other people will see this network name when they are present under the WiFi network range.
- Once done with the above steps, now you need to put in your WiFi password. This field could be found under the Security Setting section. The default security setting is WAP2, and Spectrum suggests you keep it the same. To know more about the security settings, you could visit our page using the following link: https://www.hellotech.com/blog/which-router-security-option-should-you-choose.
- Now you need to confirm your new password. Then you also have to retype your password in the box that follows. In case you find any difficulty remembering your passwords, you could check the list of the best password managers using the following link: https://www.hellotech.com/blog/best-password-managers.
- As the final step, you need to tap the Apply button. This button could be found on the bottom right side of the screen. The Apply button will save your settings.
Note: You could be logged out if you use the same network name and password as your WiFi network name. Thus we suggest you change the settings for the band that you are not using. This way, you could switch networks and make changes for the other band.
To know more about your Spectrum WiFi name and Password, you could check the following links to find WiFi password on Window 10 PC and Mac, respectively: https://www.hellotech.com/guide/for/how-to-find-wifi-password-windows-10
Steps to change your Spectrum WiFi name and password via Spectrum online account
The First step to change your Spectrum WiFi name and password is to open a web browser and search for https://www.spectrum.net/ in the search bar. Once you sign in to your account, tap the Services button, then the Internet button, and then select the Manage Network button. Now you need to put in your new password and network name. Then, at last, click on the Save button.
- So firstly, open a web browser.
- Now enter spectrum.net in the search bar and hit the Enter button.
- Now, sign in to your Spectrum account using your Spectrum username and password. If you experience any issue logging in, click on the Forgot Username or Password button.
Then tap on the Service tab, which you will found on the top of the window.
- Next, click on the Internet option (found below the Service & Equipment).
Then, tap on the Manage Networks button. If you are not seeing the Manage Networks button, tap on the blue arrow on the right side of the screen, under Your WiFi Networks option.
Now put in your new username and password.
- And at last, tap on the Save button to save the settings.
Steps to change Spectrum WiFi Password and WiFi name using the My Spectrum App.
Firstly, download the My Spectrum app and then log in with your Spectrum username and password.
Then open the Service tab, and then click Update and enter your new password and network name. Lastly, click on the Save button to save the settings.
- So you first need to download the My spectrum app. The My Spectrum app is found on both Google Play Store and Apple app store for android and apple devices.
- After downloading the My Spectrum app on your device, open the app and agree to the app’s terms and conditions.
- Then put in your Spectrum username and password and then click on the Sign in button.
- After signing in, open the Services tab. You will find the Services at the bottom of your screen.
- Now click on the option saying View & Edit Network Info.
- Then put in your new password and network name.
- And lastly, click on the Save button to save your settings.
And in case you find any trouble changing your WiFi name and password, you could always change it to default by resetting your router. The following link provides the step-by-step information for resetting your router to its factory condition: https://www.hellotech.com/guide/for/how-to-reset-router-and-modem.
Here, we have provided all the necessary information to change your Spectrum password and Spectrum Username. Also, if you need information about Spectrum webmail and common email issues, including error messages and trouble sending issue, then keep in touch with us.