ACCA is a professional qualification in the fields of accountancy, auditing, and taxation. But the problem with ACCA is that it is widely known overseas but very little in India. The second name of the ACCA is “British CA” in India, and it is equally compared with the CA. It is a 2-3 year full-time course and enables you to become a member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants of the UK.
What is the eligibility for the ACCA?
- Students who are pursuing graduation in commerce and have passed at least 5 subjects in their HSC. The five subjects including Maths & English as a compulsory subject and also have scored at least 65% in 2 subjects and 50% in rest.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce and Finance from a well-recognized university or equivalent degree with a minimum of 50% in Graduation.
- Postgraduates like MBAs and MCom.
The difference between CA and ACCA
- ACCA is recognized by the ACCA UK Member. But the CA is recognized by the ICAI India MEmber.
- You will get an additional diploma from the ACCA in B.Sc Hons in Applied Accounting from Oxford University, and an Advance Diploma in Accounting and Business. While CA does not provide you with any kind of additional diploma.
- The fees, including training in ACCA, will cost you around 3 lakhs. While the fee structure of the CA is around Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
- The duration of the ACCA is around 2 years, while the duration of the CA is around 5 years.
- The exam centers of the ACCA are available in almost every country. While the exam center for CA will be in India only.
- The salary package of ACCA is between 5 lakhs and 20 lakhs. While the salary of the CA is between 4 lakhs and 15 lakhs.
ACCA Registration Fees:
- ACCA’s initial registration fee is $30.
- ACCA annual subscription fees os $116
- Re-registration fees is – $79
How to apply for the ACCA Registration?
The quickest way to apply for ACCA registration is to complete the process online. It will barely take 10 minutes to complete the process. There are a few documents that are required for the ACCA’s registration:
- Proof of qualification
- Proof of identity
- Passport style photograph
CA or ACCA?
The value of both degrees is the same, so you can opt for anyone. But if you want to recruit in India then nothing is better than CA as it is counted as one of the toughest courses in finance. But if you want to work abroad or in MNC then ACCA should be your preference. If you want to learn more about ACCA then you should visit the official website of ACCA and check out further details there.