CA Foundation Exams is the basic level exam for Chartered Accountancy. This examination is held twice a year by ICAI, i.e., in May and November. The students who are willing to appear in CA Foundation Exam 2022 must complete their registration by 31st Dec for the May exams and by 31st June 2022 for the Nov 2022 exams.
After the registration, the student must go through the CA Foundation syllabus, which consists of four papers. All these papers are conducted on alternate days. The CA Foundation Exam Dates for May 2022 are also out now and will be conducted from 23rd May 2022 to 29th May 2022.
Now to prepare for the exams, students must be aware of the CA Foundation exam pattern. Knowing this will help you in planning, studying and also paper presentation. So, let’s check out the complete details about the CA Foundation exams.
CA Foundation Exams Registration
CA Foundation registration is the first step that the students need to go through while appearing for the CA Foundation exams. But at first, you need to check the CA Foundation eligibility to fill out the registration form. Students who have passed the class 12th exam or studying in the class 12th exam from a recognized board are eligible for registration.
CA Foundation Registration Process
Follow the given steps to register yourself with ICAI for CA Foundation exams:
- Go to the official ICAI website.
- Now, click on the e-services and select “Students Services.”
- Click on the Entry level forms. The registration form for CA Foundation Exam will be visible on your screen which you need to fill out.
- Enter all the basic details asked in the registration form and submit it.
- Now, you will receive your registration number and password with OTP sent to your phone.
- Login using the credentials sent to you in your registered email by ICAI.
- Now, submit the scanned copies of the required documents and upload them.
- Click on the save and next option.
- At last, you will be redirected to the payment page, where you can submit the fee through any online method.
CA Foundation Exam Form
The CA Foundation May 2022 exam forms will be available on the ICAI website from 21st February 2022. The deadline to fill the form for CA Foundation May 2022 will be 13th March without a late fee and 20th March with a late fee. So, as soon as the form is released, the students can follow the given steps to fill out the CA Foundation Exam Form:
- Go to the official ICAI website.
- Log in with the credentials that you got while registering.
- Now, click on “Apply Now”.
- The exam form appears on your screen.
- Enter in all basic and personal details in the examination form and click on “Save and Next”.
- Now, pay the required Exam Form fee and complete your form submission.
The CA Foundation exams fee is Rs. 1500 for Indian students and $325 for foreign students.
CA Foundation Syllabus
ICAI updates the CA Foundation syllabus every year as per the requirements which are uploaded on its official website. Altogether you have to prepare for 4 papers for the CA Foundation exams. So, let us see the syllabus for the CA Foundation Course.
- Principles and Practices of Accounting
- Business Laws and Business Correspondence and Reporting
- Part I: Business Laws
- Part II: Business Correspondence and Reporting
- Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning and Statistics
- I: Business Mathematics
- II: Logical Reasoning
- II: Statistics
- Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge
- Section A: Business Economics
- Section B: Business and Commercial Knowledge
CA Foundation Exam Dates
Below is the official datasheet released by ICAI for CA Foundation May 2022 Exams.
|Paper 1||May 23, 2022|
|Paper 2||May 25, 2022|
|Paper 3||May 27, 2022|
|Paper 4||May 29, 2022|
CA Foundation Exam Pattern 2022
ICAI releases the exam pattern for CA Foundation Exam on its official website. One can also refer to the below table to go through the latest exam pattern.
|Examination Name||CA Foundation|
|Conducting body||The Institute Of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)|
|Examination Mode||Online centre-based|
|Frequency||Twice a year (May and November)|
|Examination Level||National level|
|Question paper||Paper 1 – Principles and Practice of Accounting|
Paper 2 – Business Laws and Business Correspondence and Reporting
Paper 3 – Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Statistics
Paper 4 – Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge
|Duration of each paper||Paper 1 and 2 will be of 3 hours|
Paper 3 and 4 will be of 2 hours
|Question Type||Paper 1 and 2 – Subjective|
Paper 3 and 4 – Objective
|Total Marks of each paper||Each paper will be of 100 marks.|
|Marking scheme||Paper 1 and 2- NO negative marking|
Paper 3 and 4 – ¼ mark will be deducted for every wrong answer
|Medium of exam||English/Hindi except for Paper 2|
Preparation Tips for CA Foundation Exams 2022
CA Foundation Exam will begin on 23rd May, and as per this datasheet, the students have almost 3 months to prepare for their Examination. So, the students must prepare a good timetable or schedule for their preparation. Here are a few tips for CA Foundation Exams 2022 preparations:
- Students need to prepare a proper timetable for studying. They also need to allocate proper time for each CA Foundation paper.
- Do not make an unnecessary heap of extra study materials. Instead, rely more on ICAI study materials.
- Do at least three revisions before the exams.
- List out the easy and tough topics differently along with the topics that cover high weightage.
- Make a habit of practising the questions on a daily basis and revise the theory.
- After completing the entire CA Foundation exam syllabus, you need to start appearing for the mock tests.
- Solve the previous year’s questions from the compilers or the ICAI study materials.
- While preparing for the exam do not forget to take care of your health. Make proper sleeping cycle.
Regular Schedule of CA Foundation Exam
For the CA Foundation students, regularity should be very important. They need to follow a proper schedule regularly and be disciplined. So, let us discover what should be a regular schedule of CA Foundation Exam candidates:
- Study the theory every day between 5:30 am to 7 am.
- Have a quick break for breakfast between 7 am to 7.30 am.
- From 7.30 to 10.30 am, check the new theory topic and understand it.
- From 10.30 am to 11 am, take a break and make yourself fresh.
- Do some mathematical questions for better practice between 11 am to 1 pm.
- From 1 pm to 2 pm, take a rest and have your lunch.
- You can have a good sleep from 2 pm to 3 pm.
- From 3 pm to 5 pm, devote the time to solve the calculative parts.
- Take a short break from 5 pm to 5.30 pm.
- The time from 5.30 pm to 8 pm should be devoted to theory learning.
- Spend the time from 8 pm to 9 pm in having dinner with family.
- Go on for a nice walk from 9 pm to 9:30 pm.
- The time from 9:30 pm to 11 am is suitable for solving numerical problems.
- Go for a tight sleep and sleep from 11 am to 5 am.
What’s After CA Foundation Exams?
After completing the exam, the results for the CA foundation are released by ICAI in the months of January and July. In the CA Foundation Result, the students must have secured 50 per cent aggregate marks and 40 per cent marks in each subject to pass the exam. After passing the CA Foundation Exam, the candidate has to appear for the next level.
After clearing the CA Foundation Exam, the candidates need to register themselves with ICAI for CA Intermediate Course. Students must need to register for the CA Intermediate course which is also the second stage of the CA course.
Read More: How to choose the Best School
Therefore, the CA Foundation course is a first stage examination given by the students opting for the Chartered Accountancy or CA course as a career. The dates for exams, forms, registration, etc., have now been announced on the official ICAI website. The same information is mentioned in this article as well. So, the students can go through all the information, prepare for the Foundation exams, and take some tips and schedules mentioned here.