Do you want to know if that’s real wood flooring? No, it’s not made of wood, but don’t let on! Laminate has grown in popularity as a genuine alternative to the traditional wood flooring, and it has become a solid favorite for busy households due to its numerous advantages. So, what are laminate flooring’s advantages? Let us have a debate. For the Home: Laminate Wood Flooring Laminate flooring has several major advantages. This has been manufactured to be extremely long-lasting, for example. Installation is less difficult and less expensive. The surface is scratch as well as water-resistant. Realistic design, hygienic, easy-to-clean surface
The various benefits of Laminate flooring are listed below:
- A photo image is encased in laminate by a sequence of protective layers. These can be glued together to make a long-lasting floor. Improvements in laminate production have aided in the creation of more authentic finishes as well as the capacity to produce in large quantities. This is fantastic not only for our decor but also for our money account; mass manufacturing makes it very much cost-friendly, which means it’s effective to purchase, which is ideal.
- Laminates come with in-built click-based system that makes them simple to install and thus less expensive — one board just clicks into each other! Because of its simple system, even the most inexperienced DIYers can install laminate flooring themselves.
- Laminate is ideal for individuals with large families or who have a lot of visitors. The top layer is scratch and water-resistant, according to the manufacturers.
- Although laminate is very much scratch-resistant, but experts nevertheless recommend using furniture pads under the furniture legs to prevent scratches, as well as installing mats in high-traffic areas such as entranceways and kitchens.
Because laminate flooring is water-resistant, it may be simply installed in areas like the kitchen, bathroom, and conservatory, where spills and humidity variations are common – solid wood should be very well avoided in these areas due to its sensitivity of humidity. Some laminates can now be installed in bathrooms with higher water spillage and humidity variations; however, check with the manufacturer of laminates first to verify if your preferred laminate is suitable for this use.
- Another advantage of laminate flooring is it is simple to clean, requiring only regular sweeping with light soap and water– ideal for folks with a clumsy temperament or children who enjoy nothing more than making mess!It’s also beneficial for allergy sufferers because dust and allergens have nowhere to hide.
- Some laminates have such a natural appearance that it’s impossible to tell whether they’re made of wood or not. Although these laminates are more expensive, you receive all of the benefits of a laminate with a gorgeous finish.
Hence as per National Floors Direct reviews, Laminate flooring comes in a wide selection of finishes and colors, with prices varying according to its realism. You have the option of having no bevel at all, a 2V bevel that emphasizes the length of the boards, or a 4V bevel that is usually used on wood and is realistic, emphasizing the board all the way around.